> depending on where you installed gShield, (/etc/firewall is the default)

yep, that is where i have it.

> there should be a directory called conf with additional configuration
> information, in it there should be a file called routables iirc, edit this

actually, i see /etc/firewall/routables/ with 3 files (routable_hosts,
routables.rules, routables.conf)

routables.rules i dont think i want to touch, routable_hosts is blank, and
routables.conf has each service listed like this:

# [ Web services ]

# HTTP
rHTTP_ENABLE=NO
rHTTP_ALL=NO
rHTTP_ALLOWED="x.x.x.x y.y.y.y z.z.z.z"

> and put in the routable ips as per the comments at the top of the page,
> in the GShield.conf there should be an option near the end of the page
> that enables the use of routables,

i read all 3 files, and searched the web, and there didnt seem to be much
info on what exactly it does.

So, the name of the routable_hosts makes me think the list of hosts goes in
there (likein open_ports) but routables.conf really looks like it wants a
list too.

has any one used this routables option, or munir, do you recall any more?

> i'm sorry i cannot be more specific but i am stuck in winders land at the
> moment

my condolences.

duncan