Here is a data point.  I'm using AT&T also and I received the
notification about the 6/17 'enhancement, so I suspect I should
be affected by it.

I'm not having any troubles, and my dhcp lease has expired at
least once.

I'm running RedHat 7.2 with pump replaced by dhcpcd version
1.3.18pl8.

Go figure...