On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 16:58, Karl Bongers wrote:

> So I'd like to load an older distro and then do selective upgrades,
> trying to avoid too much GUI bloat that cloggs the arteries.
> Not sure if Debian is the solution, but its worth a look.

I think I'd go with Debian.  I tried to do the "minimal" install
from a CD, and then upgrade to the lastest versions before, and
haven't had too much success with rpm based systems.  The dependency
checking seems pretty miserable.  And for those using Ximian, Ximian
seems to expect "standard" install, or else whines about missing
packages that it can't install.

--
Brent Metzler                               | AIM: bmetzl1999
brent at bmetzler.org			    | Y! : bmetzl1999