<cite>
> My main objective is to try and avoid software bloat.
> The laptop is a P200/48Mram/6G harddrive.
> I fear if I load RH7.2, the poor thing will just grind itself
> into oblivion swapping desperately to try and shake the almighty
> software bloat beast.  And I will have 500MB left from my 6G drive
> to play with :(.
>
> So I'd like to load an older distro and then do selective upgrades,
> trying to avoid too much GUI bloat that cloggs the arteries.
> Not sure if Debian is the solution, but its worth a look.
</cite>

I've installed RH 7.2 on a P200/64Mb/2Gb HDD without a hitch.

A 'Workstation' install only takes about 1.2. Less if you don't install
KDE, and stick with GNOME. Even less if you don't use either and use
WindowMaker.

I'm running a workstation install of RH 7.2 with KDE 2.2.2 on the P200
without problems.

Samir M. Nassar
RedConcepts.NET - http://redconcepts.net