OK, I work in storage solutions, so this is right up my alley.  I'll try
to address several things that have been stated in this thread.
FC drives do have a "SCA" connector, but it is not 80 pin like LVD's SCA
connect, it is a completely different connector, so those adapters will
not work.  The Company that Jay mentioned but couldn't remember is Cinonic
Systems.  www.cinonic.com
I have not actually used their products, but I'm rather tempted.
Yes, there ARE cheap FC drives floating around, and yes there is a catch
(but it's not really that bad.)
Catch #1:  finding a cheap FC controller.  it takes patience, but they're
out there if you have good timing.
Catch #2:  the cheap ones are USUALLY 9 gig drives (remember you can plug
in a virtually unlimited amount of drives to a FC controller) and they are
often 7200 rpm and old style (read slower access time than newer drives)
They are also 1 gigabit fibre.  Most companies with SAN's are upgrading to
2 gigabit fibre, so to them the 1 gigabit drives are undesirable.
So, all in all, I think that if you're looking to make a RAID for yourself
and want it not to be inside your computer case, fibre is a GOOD option,
you just have to have a little bit of patience, and maybe a little ebay
luck.
I hope I was helpful.
- Kremer