>I've seen cheap FC drives floating around, but I suspect >there must be a
>hidden cost somewhere..  Don't most of those drives use >SCA backplanes?
>That can't be cheap.

>I don't really know enough about Fibre Channel, but that >would
>definitely be fun.

Blackbox has item, "SCA80Female-MD68Female" part #EVNSCT33 (SCA to 68 pin)
adapter. I bought a few a while back and as  I recall they were about $35
ea. I got a good price on some drives so it was worth the cost. I'm using
them on some IBM drives. (Actually Seagate Cheetas). Seem to work ok.
There's also an outfit I know of in Shoreview that has about 40 9 gig IBM
SCA drives they got 'stuck' with. I bought 4 for $50 ea. They are not a
retail outfit though. I got them through a friend who is an employee but if
you're interested I think I could hook you up. I'm currently in search of a
cheap enclosure solution as I have 6 of these drives all together.

-MJ