On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 20:58, Raymond Norton wrote:
> Is there a gpl GUI HTML editor for Linux? (Like Front page) I searched
> Tucows, but didn't see any descriptions that claimed to be a GUI.

Well Raymond, if you are looking for  WYSIWYG editor then I think
Mozilla might be your only bet.

However, this does not mean that there aren't excellent GUI HTML editors
out there for Linux. Some are GPL, and some aren't.

Quanta Plus http://quanta.sourceforge.net

This is a really awesome KDE oriented GUI HTML editor. It has a slicker
brother called Quanta Gold which is not GPL from theKompany
http://thekompany.com which I use extensively.

BlueFish is another option. It is gtk+ (if that is your cup of tea). I
tried to use it, but I didn't get into it. I'll d/l it and install it
for a test ride. Let me know if you want more info in a few days.

There is another editor called Peacock on sourceforge, which I haven't
seen or used.

A word to the wise though, go with these web editing environments if you
can rather than using a WYSIWYG. If web design is something you want to
learn/grow into then hand coding is much better than letting FP and
DreamWeaver do the work for you. Besides, it makes figuriong things out
so much easier if you need to fix things.

Samir M. Nassar - Ex DreamWeaver user.
RedConcepts.NET - http://redconcepts.net