On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Austad, Jay wrote:
> So, I need to find something else.  I cannot get DSL, I'm too far from
> the CO.

Have you checked DSL recently?

Qwest just relaxed their requirements, so a lot of people can get it now
who couldn't before.

> Does anyone know of a place I can get a dirt cheap T1?  The cheapest
> I've found is $699 a month (loop fee is included) for a full T1 with
> an entire class C.

If you're out of DSL range, your local loop is probably $350-$400/mo, so
finding a full T1 (not metered bandwidth) for $700/mo is an _extremely_
good deal.

> A friend of mine who lives a couple miles from me has a fairly fast
> DSL line.  I was thinking of getting a dry pair to his house ($40 or
> so a month, also called an alarm pair).  You can set up an SDSL modem
> on each end and achieve 1Mbit/sec across the link.  So I'd just route
> through his network and out his DSL line.

Got any decent line of sight to him?

You could set up wireless to him instead of one of the wireless companies.
:)