Nicksteeler12 at cs.com writes:
 > how many beeps are you getting each set? (i think if it beeps twice, pauses,
 > beeps twice, pauses that means your overheating)  thats how we figured out an
 > athlon box at school was overheating is count the beeps.  it was more of a
 > siren then beeping.  the only other time it beeps like that (From what i
 > know) is when its missing the fallowing at bootup:
 > 1)ram
 > 2)cpu
 > 3)video

I just get one loooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg, solid beep.  Sounds to me
like it's getting one beep, and then stuck on.

There are usually what sound like a couple of "informational" single
beeps before this happens (often at form feed), then it just stays on.

Thanks to everyone who suggested checking the BIOS manual.  Will do.