On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Michael Vieths wrote:

> Err, if it's beeping, there's probably a good reason.  Heat is a big one.
> You may want to make sure your heat sink is properly secured, and that the
> fans in your case are running.  You may also want to find the manual for
> your motherboard and read it to see if you're getting a specific beep code
> for what's wrong.

Agreed. Netware maybe, but...  I had an instance on my IBM box (running
w/o covers in place) where multiple backups being dumped to it actually
overheated it so bad it'd power down. Never seen that before but some
poking around led me to put all covers in place, (ouch!) and it's been
great ever since. Do you have a good case fan?

-mj