On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 01:01:56PM -0500, Samir M. Nassar (nassarsa at redconcepts.net) wrote:
> Erm,
>
> thank you all for this intelligent discussion. ;)
>
> Maybe I am slow. But in all of this goldmine of information I missed the
> part where Evolution's problem is discussed.
>
> Anyway. The problem seems to be with installing non-Red Hat packages of
> Mozilla (specifically mozilla-nspr) which fux0rs with RedHat's bonobo
> and oaf. I installed Mozilla 1.0 and boom Evo is cranky. I remove the
> new Mozilla and go back to 0.9.9 and boom. Evo works again.

I had a problem with evolution this morning when I upgraded to RH 7.3.
It may be related to your problem...

When I ran evolution, I got a popup window that displayed:

Cannot initialize the Ximian Evolution shell: Configuration Database not found

And in my xterm, I got this:

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on wombat: (IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0)

I had to add /usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.0 to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and logout/in
of X.  Then it worked again.  You may want to try that.

--
Amy Tanner
amy at real-time.com