Hey,

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002,  wrote:

> Sendmail.  How can users be added, modified, delete from sendmail without the user having an OS account? In other words, when I set up a user account on Linux, the user automatically gets a mail account right? What I would like to know is how I can create a mail account without the user having an OS account! Any takers on this?

You can accomplish this by playing with the alieses file. If you want
people to be able to READ their Email, you'll have to get a pop or imap
daemon that can also use the sendmail aliases file.

Why do you want them not to have accounts? Wouldn't it be simpler to just
add the accounts and make them unable to login to the system?

-Yaron