I just looked at an iso file today, the first 20 tracks or so are Volume
labels and TOC info.  If I remember right, the .iso files are binary
images of the CD.  That and $5.00 will get you a cup of coffee...

That would mean that the track you need to read is Volume label.

I would try a DD of the raw device (before you mount it).

Ben Lutgens wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 03:32:06PM -0500, duncan wrote:
> >I've got a need to copy a whole CDDA track from a cd to my hard disk.
> >
> >Ever thing i seem to do wants to rip it to mp3, or wav.... but i want
> >the CDDA track as it is on the cd.  Can i use DD for that?  I wasn't
> >sure how to grab the specific track if that were the case.
> >
> >the best thing about this is an engineer here at work couldn't do it on
> >his winders box, so he came to me and wanted to know if linux could do
> >it. heh.
>
> Just curious why the .wav won't work?
>
> .wav == cda
>
> If you take a bunch of wavs and put them on a cd they'll play in a normal
> cd player....
>
> --
> Ben Lutgens                              | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
> System Administrator     | http://www.sistina.com/
> Sistina Software Inc. |
>
> "I got a wife and kids too but you don't see me out here stealing Imperial
> Droids now do ya?"

Wayne Johnson,             | There are two kinds of people: Those
3943 Penn Ave. N.          | who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
Minneapolis, MN 55412-1908 | and those to whom God says, "All right,
(612) 522-7003             | then,  have it your way." --C.S. Lewis