I admin a server on a network that is for the most part out of my
control.  An IT "consultant" came in and decided that my linux box should
reside in the NAT rather than the DMZ.  I would have much rather been in
the DMZ, but at least inside the NAT I have access to printers and
such.  Anyway, he then proceeded to install a Sonicwall
firewall/router.  As I understand it, these are possibly the worst choice
as a firewall as I've been told by others who've used them.

I have an issue with routing.  The workstations on the LAN are on the same
masq'd IP subnet as my linux box.  If I try to hit my server on its
registered IP (NAT'd by the Sonicwall), it times out.  I asked the
"consultant" about this, he tells me that it's a problem with the
Sonicwall and there's no configuration that can fix it.  He proceeds to
remind me that the Sonicwall is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The reason I need its outside IP is that Apache is virtual hosting off of
one IP for a handful of domains and without the DNS headers, I can't get
to any site other than the default.  Last I checked, this can't be spoofed
with a hosts file, it NEEDS the DNS header.  Any ideas if the Sonicwall
can actually do this?

-Brian