On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 08:06:43AM -0500, steve ulrich wrote:

> i'll take issue with the notion that you need to beat your head
> against the wall to create a professional quality document with word.
> there are millions of people who do precisely that with word every day
> and i've seen very few with pronounced head trauma.

Oh, puh-lease.

You have seen "millions" succesfull, happy word users and only "very few
with _pronounced_ head trauma"?

That might mean that "professional" "quality" have different meangings for
Microsoft-products-using-people.

How about consistent laid out tables. Consisten use of styles and
templates? (ha! I doubt your "millions" know what a template is - almost
everybody I know just goes on happily with highlighting text and
changing font sizes and faces.)

How about saving in a consitent format that everybody that has Word can
read?

How about a decent charting module? (yes, I know about visio but at least
arrows that "glue" to the boxes, can we get that?).

How about a consistent UI? Word 2000 now opens a window for each
document. Neat. But if you have a modal dialog in one window, all other
windows are frozen. Or do I have to upgrade to XP to get a fix for their
dumbness?

florin,

who had to edit Word documents for the last two weeks and that
made him really cranky...

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4