I'm running Debian unstable and am having some problems with galeon.
When I try to upgrade it, I get:

      galeon: Depends: galeon-common (= 1.2.3) but 1.2.3-5 is to be
    installed

It looks like a typo, so I downloaded the current galeon .deb and
installed it with dpkg --force-depends. Everything works fine.

This morning I tried to install a completely different program
(pstotext) and apt complains about galeon:

    You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
      galeon: Depends: galeon-common (= 1.2.3) but 1.2.3-5 is to be
    installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
    specify a solution).

I want to tell apt and friends "ignore this package, I know what I'm
doing" -- so I need to put galeon on hold, right? I did that in dselect,
but apt still complains.

Can any Debian gurus enlighten me a bit? Thanks a lot.

Dan