On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 08:38:43PM -0500, Perry Hoekstra wrote:
>I have had problems with the eepro100 drivers and RedHat, both 7.2 and
>7.3 on my workstation at work. In my case, the network connection would
>croak under load (anything over 2 MB).  I search around on Google and it
>seems I was not the only one. I bagged the eepro100 driver and went with
>the e100 and everything is fine now.

It's not the driver that's broken, it's the fact that intel in it's
infinite wisdom made about 1000 differnet chips and put the same number on
them. The only way to really identify the chips is via the registers. As
such the drivers sorta work, and they're _almost_ there, but not quite.
It's a real drag.

I've all but abandoned buying any nics with intel chips (save the onboard
ones, for some reason nearly every server class motherboard you buy has 2
on board eepro100s....

--
Ben Lutgens				 | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
System Administrator	 | http://www.sistina.com/

"I got a wife and kids too but you don't see me out here stealing Imperial
Droids now do ya?"