when last we saw our hero (Tuesday, Jul 30, 2002),
 Scott Dier was madly tapping out:
> On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 21:41, steve ulrich wrote:
>
> > new jaguar release.  i'm still not sure what their plans are in the
> > multicast domain.
>
> Speaking of multicast, are there any providers in the MN area that
> provide multicast over DSL?  IPv6 over DSL?  I know some providers
> do this over T1+ (sprint does multicast, for instance, over some
> speeds of links), but I'm interested in residental or small-business
> providers.

i get my multicast feed from work.  i don't know any local providers
that provide a multicast tunnel. they all seem to have their hands
full with unicast operation.  in some cases you can get your feed from
the upstream of your provider.  i have done this in the past and it's
worked somewhat well.  alternatively you might try contacting some of
the existing mbone members and seeing if you can get a tunnel drop
from them.

lurking on the mbone list and approaching someone unicast for a tunnel
endpoint can sometimes get the job done. ;-)

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC