On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 10:41:59AM -0500, Daniel Churchill wrote:
> I guess it was obvious that this is how this thread would end up after the
> first post.  Still, I am disappointed and disgusted by the fact that it
> actually dipped to the low of one person calling the other a dumb ass,
> followed by someone else showing enthusiastic support for it.

it should be pointed out (tho I suspect it's too late), that the person
doing the name-calling was none other than our infamous Idiot Ben. :) For
those who haven't been on this list long enough to know him; Ben is one of
the most clueful admins I've ever met, and has an... interesting sense of
humor.
	I seriously doubt he takes himself seriously, and no one else should
take him fully seriously either, whatever he may say. :)
	I've learned not to think too highly of *anyone's* opinions on this
list (including my own at times), unless corroborated by several people.
Ben's occasional outbursts amount to statistical noise (unless you consider
them a form of artistic humor, as I do); and should be treated as such.

in short, don't take anyone too seriously, least of all yourself. that's the
fundamental reason people get angry at each other.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises