bunch of geek types.

Terry Schanno
TCFN Volunteer Coordinator
schanno at tcfreenet.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Members and friends,

Last February, Twin Cities Free-Net adopted an ambitious new mission: to
provide the means for everyone in the Twin Cities to access Internet
resources... meaning that we will become both a free Internet provider and
a source for Internet-capable computer equipment, with an emphasis on
serving people who would otherwise have no equipment or service.  Details
can be found at http://tcfreenet.org/about/plan.html.

Our progress toward this mission has been promising but slow because our
volunteer base has dwindled in recent years to only a handful.  If you
want to see this vision become a reality, we need your help!

Can you help us update our (alarmingly out-of-date) Web site?  Can you
help fix up old computer equipment?  Are you an accountant, lawyer,
publicist, UNIX system administrator, technical writer, or polyglot?
These are just some of the skills we need in the coming months!

You are invited, whatever your skills, to a picnic at Powderhorn Park
(near the park building, at 3400 15th Ave S, Minneapolis) at 6:00 PM on
Monday, July 29.  We'll talk about what we need to do and figure out who
will work on what.  We may even have a demonstration system to show off...

We will provide the food.  Please reply to me at secretary at tcfreenet.org
if you plan to come, and be sure to mention any dietary restrictions we
need to accommodate.  I hope to see you there!

Ben Stallings, Secretary
Twin Cities Free-Net