Jon Schewe wrote:
 > Why don't you get your BS?  I'm a computer programmer at a research
firm and
 > most people we work with that don't have a BS in CS aren't worth much for
 > programming, so they end up on phone support until they take the
classes to
 > learn not only a language, but the theory so they can pick up other
languages
 > and concepts quickly.  If what you want to do is be a good
programmer(research
 > or application) that can keep up with the changing times, I'd suggest
a BS.

Don't have the time or the money right now. You see I'm at the point
where I need a job so I'm not living on the street. Which I would be
right now if not for Spencer. ;P

 > Another possibility is for you to get a job with a temp service, like
 > Manpower.  They hire contract to a lot of companies and many times
the "temp"
 > positions are for a few years.  That'd give you the experience and
let you
 > know what kinds of things you want to focus on for your education.

Even all the _temp_ companies I've tried want a degree and years of
experience. Its insane.

  > Hope this helps a litte.  Unfortunatly we're not hiring.  We're
  > actually "cutting costs" right now.

Isn't everyone? Stupid economy. Its not any better outside of IT right
now. ;P