I found that samba account verification takes 3 account
profiles to be the same with windows 2k and above.
1. The windows login
2. The Samba user account
3. The Unix account

All 3 must be the same. With Win2k and up, windows
requires an encrypted password transaction, so to
accomodate this samba utilizes the unix/linux account
for that part.