Edson Alvarenga J. writes:
 > Hi, i want know how configure an mail server (sendmail) on
 > linux, and that version of sendmail use?

You should probably give us some more details about what you're trying
to do.  There's a bunch of stuff on the sendmail site but, IMHO, it
assumes a lot of knowledge.  For simple stuff there's HOWTOs.

Mandrake and maybe some other distros now use postfix, which is
somewhat simpler, at least in having a slightly less opaque
configuration language.

There are some qmail fans on this list.  I looked at it and found that
(1) the docs seemed to assume you were migrating from sendmail and
already understood that [doesn't anyone get tired of explaining their
mailers' functions in terms of what sendmail does?] and
(2) it wants to splatter all kindsa files in all kindsa non-standard
places.
YMMV.

Unless you're doing something real exciting, you PROBABLY don't want
sendmail....