On Thursday 18 July 2002 02:24, Brent Metzler wrote:
> Michael J Flaherty wrote:
> >On Thursday 18 July 2002 01:48, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> >>Gentoo has a ppc port (http://www.gentoo.org)
> >
> >As does Suse...
>
> But SuSE did not have a release of version 8 for PPC.  All I see is 7.3,
> and who wants to run an old distribution?  Is SuSE going to continue to
> support PPC?  Does anyone have any more information on that?

I was just adding that to the discussion, haven't tried Suse myself.
YDL 2.3 is only about a week old, rpm based, now with apt for rpms to update
and install extra stuff, nice...

I've been extremely with YDL, all things considered.  JRE's are much more
limited than than they are on x86 and there's no Flash.  Other than that...

MJF