Ok, I need a little help.  Banging my head against the wall isn't getting the
job done anymore ;-)

1) I'm running Redhat 7.3 (kernel 2.4.18).  Do you know if this needs to be
patched?

2) I downloaded the script from
http://www.sparkle-cc.co.uk/firewall/rc.firewall.sh.txt.  Ran it, didn't work.
I tried to run just a simple bridge (no firewall) with
    # ifdown eth0
    # ifdown eth1
    # brctl addbr br0
    # brctl addif br0 eth1
    # brctl addif br0 eth0
This should be sufficient to test that the bridging part is working, correct?
Under this configuration I can't ping the Cisco.  I have verified that both
NICs work, and that the cabling between the NIC and the Cisco is correct.

So anyway, I would appreciate any tips you could pass along.

Thanks for the great help,

--Nathan Davis