Chris Frederick said:
> Just wondering if there are any Mandrake 8.2 Experts out there.  I could
> use some configuration advice/help.  I have to run with High Security
> settings to get my display to run correctly (don't ask), so all my
> configuration has to be done in terminal windows as root.  I'm kind of
> new to Linux, so my knowledge of the command line tools is a bit
> lacking.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> I'd like to learn how to configure/remove cron tasks (every 15 minutes
> all directories in /home get a chmod 700, I'd like to stop that),

crontab -e

> configure firewalls (right now my telnet port is blocked, I'd like it
> open),

Not sure on this one, I use iptables for my firewalling.  Don't know if
Mandrake has a gui for this or not.

> and possibly update Apache to 2.0.  If anyone knows of some

Obtain the latest Apache RPM, and use one of the many package tools in
Mandrake to install it (rpm, urpmi, rpmdrake, kpackage)

> HOWTOs/guides or whatever that explain more on these, I'd appreciate it.
>  Thanks in advance.

Explore Mandrake's web site, they have some pretty good docs on there.

--
|::::########   Tracy McKibben
|::::########   AIM:  tmckibben2002
|############   tracy at mckibben.d2g.com