Just wondering if there are any Mandrake 8.2 Experts out there.  I could
use some configuration advice/help.  I have to run with High Security
settings to get my display to run correctly (don't ask), so all my
configuration has to be done in terminal windows as root.  I'm kind of
new to Linux, so my knowledge of the command line tools is a bit
lacking.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'd like to learn how to configure/remove cron tasks (every 15 minutes
all directories in /home get a chmod 700, I'd like to stop that),
configure firewalls (right now my telnet port is blocked, I'd like it
open), and possibly update Apache to 2.0.  If anyone knows of some
HOWTOs/guides or whatever that explain more on these, I'd appreciate
it.  Thanks in advance.

Chris Frederick