when last we saw our hero (Monday, Jul 15, 2002),
 Jima was madly tapping out:
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Austad, Jay wrote:
> > > Tried Covad SDSL?
> >
> > Yep, can only get iDSL through them, 144kbps.  Sucks.  Maybe Xcel energy
> > will start testing those IP over power line thingies.  Or maybe the FCC will
> > reverse their decision and force cable providers to open their lines to
> > other providers.  Or maybe a bunch of us need to get together and build a
> > nice wireless net and chip in on a fat pipe to the net.  :)
>
>  Gee, if you really feel like stirring the pot, go ahead and bring
>  this up on the TCWUG list.  Prepare to get flamed, though.  The
>  idea of building a wireless net and connecting it to a big pipe is
>  a LOT easier said than done.  If you feel like trying to help make
>  it a reality, speak up.

i'll second this.  the meetings are the first tuesday of each month
and the overlay vs. hotspot discussion is one of the more hotly
debated discussions.

the sucky part is the challlenge posed by our very boring terrain.
we're a land of not many hills and lots of trees.  which makes things
a real pita.

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC