Do you think this is happening to everyone with AT&T? I was thinking
about getting the vonage service, but was leary about AT&T connection
problems.

Maybe we should set up a test program to spew 5060/udp packets to
someone and see if they get received. Maybe they have it setup for just
going vonage?
I did speed test with their online speed test and I was getting 814 Kbps
down, 184 up.