On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 10:18:11AM -0500, Jay Kline wrote:
> SPAM: RATWARE            (4.6 points)  Bulk email software fingerprints found in headers

Taking a look through my spamassassin config, I see that RATWARE is
keyed to a huge (~300-character) regex, but I do not believe that the
Debianified config would match those headers.  Also worth mentioning
is that Debian appears to have retuned spamassassin's scoring[1] and
assigns a score of -0.703 points to RATWARE instead of 4.6.  If you
want to change its scoring, just go into your spamassassin config,
grep for RATWARE, and change the line that says

score RATWARE 4.6

to a lower number.  Or, better, create a local.cf (assuming it's not
already there) and put a new 'score RATWARE' line there so that your
change will be preserved even if a future upgrade overwrites your
main config files.

[1]  ISTR a README mentioning that the scores were derived using
genetic algorithms instead of human estimates, so a lot of them look
odd (like this one), but they work very well regardless.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss