On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Austad, Jay wrote:
> If you're at the next beermeeting, I'll likely show up to test this.
> I wish I could find out the NCK for my T68.  Ericsson NCK's are not
> tied to the IMEI like Nokia's are.  So if I can get the NCK that ATT
> uses, it should work on all T68's through ATT.  I'm sure the NCK will
> eventually be leaked, but I can't find anything yet.

When will the next meeting be? Now that I'm 21, I might actually show up.
:)

VoiceStream needed my IMEI to unlock the phone, but that might have just
been part of the form the guy has to fill out.

> Do you have the data cable and a logger for the T68?  Using that, you
> can go through the logs and get the NCK.  There aren't any unlocking
> kits or clips out yet for the T68, but it probably won't be long.
> The T68i is simply a software upgrade also, someone here had their's
> flashed up to an i.  If anyone knows how to do this, tell me.  I want
> to rip the software off his and upgrade mine too.

Doesn't the T68i have the new 911 GPS thing, too? At least, that's what I
read.. but yeah, if it's a software upgrade, I'm all for it.. I like the
way the T68 looks better, anyways!

(And yup, this is getting way OT.. to get back on topic a little bit, to
get the T68 to work as a IR modem under Linux, I have to lock down the IR
Serial port to 115200 bps by running " echo 115200 >
/proc/sys/net/irda/max_baud_rate".. just a FYI for anyone trying.