On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 05:22:24PM -0500, Scott Dier wrote:
> /me notes that most people working with large debian installations
> don't even use the standard bootfloppies.

Very true.  Why?  Because the standard installation requires user
interaction.  Yes, UI, the useless concept when taken in context of your
comment.  We need no such thing as Questions and Answers when deploying
100's of machine installations.  boot-floppies fall flat on their
keisters.  Installation options under these circumstances for debian:
autoinstall[1], from Progeny fame, and FAI[2], a jumpstart clone for
Debian.

Perhaps debian-installer will address these issues.

1. http://packages.debian.org/autoinstall
2. http://packages.debian.org/fai

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie