On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> dselect, *gag* =)

heh, try aptitude or just use apt-get. yeah, i can't stand dselect either.
:)

> Some people say you should have to configure everything on your own,
> but if you're of that school of thought, you're already spending your
> time running something like Debian or Slackware, personally I don't
> have the time to spend mucking around with things that I already know
> how to configure when the distro can do it for me (ie, kudzu).

debian doesn't take long to configure at all, at least once you're used to
it.

i can get a debian box up quicker than a redhat box, at least talking
about an install from scratch.. 'course, rh has kickstart built in, which
is cool.. i've heard there are a few debian equivilents, but i haven't had
time to play with any of them.