On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 02:48:26PM -0500, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> Eggdrop (a project I've been working on for years) isn't nearly a
> 'corner application', yet stable still has 1.3.28 which is horribly
> bug-ridden (I do mean horribly). I've been told that this is because
> no further updates can be made to stable, yet these are remotely
> exploitable bugs that can grant shell access.

Go through the security team.  Stable does accept security updates.
(Of course, stable would then have 1.3.28-with-backported-security-
fixes, not whatever your current version number is.  And that is a
Good Thing, as it minimizes the chance of introducing new bugs while
fixing the old ones.)

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss