Sparc keyboards, eh?  Yeah, I'm familiar with them.  Next question, does
anyone really pay attention to keys they don't use?  Honestly, unless
you're bi/multilingual or have some other reason to use the compose key,
it gets ignored as one of those "strange" keys on the "strange" Sparc,
DEC, or WYSE keyboards.

Now, speaking frankly about the layout of the Sparc keyboard w/the
swapped capslock/control keys...  Bad design decision, IMHO, but since
people are used to it around here in the IMA, I sometimes have to deal
with people's personal xmod setups where they've already done the swap.

I don't mind working with these people, because they already have a
greater knowledge base than the Windowites that come here and demand NT
time.  The greater the knowledge base, the less they ask stupid
questions, and the happier we all are.

If that wasn't a BOFH response, I don't know what is.  Now, a Sparc
keyboard layout doesn't bother me much with vi, but it's murder on your
pinky with emacs.  At least w/a STD 101/104 keyboard layout, you have
two control keys to use, making emacs bearable.

Now, if you want to talk about bad keyboards, try sitting at a WYSE
terminal for a couple hours.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie