Hello all,

I'm trying to get a little ISA Adaptec AVA 1502-AV (external only) SCSI
adapter functioning.  Using Redhat 7.2.

The "hardware browser" identifies the card correctly but it is not properly
configured, as far as I can tell.  I am positive that there are no IRQ or I/O
conflicts.

Can anyone advise me on how to get this thing configured and functioning ?
I want to use it with a UMAX Astra 1200S SCSI scanner.  The scanner is
listed as supported by SANE and the card is listed as supported hardware on
the Mandrake site.  I also found these pages but the information there is
fairly dated.

<http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue31/rogers2.html>

<http://overnite.irlp.net/how-to/microtek.htm>

<http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~mpd/sane/Install2700F.txt>

I could perhaps understand this if I could see it in the context of Redhat
7.2..

I'm a relative Linux newbie and thus need more of a 1,2,3 style piece of
advice.  I can successfully edit text and save changes, but anything beyond
that could be considered to be beyond my present competence.

Interestingly,  my ISA ethernet interface, eth0,  does not function with the
SCSI card installed, failing to connect to my router at boot. It works
perfectly when I remove the SCSI card.  ISA Sound Blaster 16 is not affected
and works perfectly whether the ISA SCSI card is installed or not.

Thanks for any assistance,

MJF