I just got the laterst edition of "Linux Journal" in the mail and the
cover story is about setting up your own wireless network at home.

My question is, has anyone set up a base station using one of the
Orinoco cards?

I tried playing with the D-Link DWL-650 card which is based on the
Prism2 chip but it doesn't look like it is possible to work with it
without a whole lot of work modifying binary images and updating the
firmware.

Looking at a few sites, it seems that the Orinoco cards are much better
supported but before I grab some I wanted to see if anyone has
experience with them versus the Prism2 cards.

Thanks,

Dave