http://freshmeat.net?

>                               Any time I've ever needed a Linux program to
> do something new, it's always a big Internet research project to figure out
> what the available apps are, even though they were probably already
> installed with my everything-including-the-kitchen-sink RedHat installation,
> and *that* is what is truly silly.

It might be silly but "There must be only one!"

1. You just can't have two programs with the same name! I don't want to
start an "Internet Explorer"-named-project and neither Microsoft.

2. The language evolves and new words appear. Imagine having to use
_only_ ancient words in today's world just for the sake of "convenience"
to newbies/dumb/etc... My command of [Ancient|Common] English is not good
enough to generate such examples (maybe radio...) but imagine the
sillyness of that. If everybody wears "shoes", soon people will need to
differentiate them "Shoes from Arthur" sucks but "Shoes from Ian" are
great.

florin

PS:

Initially I wanted explain that "Ben" is silly because the proper way is
(probably) Benjamin, and that even Benjamin is silly since he is a man
so Man should be enough (How do you explain to a three-eyed newbie monster that
there is Ben and Mark when for him both are equally tasty).
I didn't because I truly don't want to offend Ben in any way and I thought
the joke/pun will be more obvious.

Again, Ben, my apologies.

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4