> What is the irc server that #tclug is hosted on?  I looked in the
> archives and saw both irc.mn-linux.org and irc.real-time.com.  However,
> cavalier.real-time.com times out on me.

cavalier.real-time.com was a sparc 1+, which was so slow it made a 386 look
peppy. it started dropping connections after the 3rd person connected to it.

personally, I think the coolest use of an IBM z-series mainframe, would be
an IRC server. :) systems designed to run with 30,000 people logged into
them simultaneously, ought to make *really* nice IRC servers. no more
netsplits. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer