On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 09:14:17PM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> > Certainly the TCLUG members are not searching the archives that much?
>
> Correct, most of the traffic is google.
>
> > If so, could we turn off searching and see how that effects list
> > performance?
>
> It's not the searching, it's the spiders, mostly.

I'm sure the spiders have plenty of non-TCLUG copies of LKML in their
databases already.  Have you considered setting up a robots.txt to
kill off that load, even if only as a temporary measure until the
LKML injection is complete?  It wouldn't solve the performance
problems, but I would expect it to help some.

BTW, if python developers are found to work on mailman, let me know.
I'd be happy to throw some money in the pot.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss