On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 19:20, Bob Tanner wrote:

> The box does over 7Million hits a month on the web archives and with pipermail
> you cannot seperate the list server from the archives.

this is _all_ your lists and their respective archives and websites
right?

> It push over 16gb of data a month via web.
>
> It processes 25,000 pieces of mail a day.
>
> A 486 would not be able to handle this.

a cluster of 486's might. it could also serve as a heat source for a
homeless shelter too :-)

> Remember if you want tclug-list, tclug-announce, tclug-jobs, tclug-devel, you
> get linux-kernel for free(!).

how does that work? what is the correlation between the LKML and our LUG
list? Is that a LUG project too? I'd rather eat lint that worry about
that beast. I rescind my offer to (try to get approval to) host the list
if this is the case.

--
Ben Lutgens				http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
System Administrator			Sistina Software Inc.

"If you love someone, set them free. If they come home, set them on
fire."
	- George Carlin