Bob, can you give us some explanation where the 7 million hits per month are
coming from?  Certainly the TCLUG members are not searching the archives
that much?  If so, could we turn off searching and see how that effects list
performance?

By the way, how many people are subscribed to the list?  I'm guessing less
than 5000?

It just seems odd to me that the list requires state of the art hardware.
People have been running mailing lists the size of TCLUG's for many years on
much slower hardware, no?  I'm confused.

Mike