Quoting Joel Rosenberg (joelr at ellegon.com):
> A 486, with maybe 16 meg of memory and a slow hard drive, ought to be more
> than ample, assuming (a fair assumption), that it's going to run some sort of
> standard mailing list software, like, say, mailman under Linux.  We're
> talking about a mailing list, after all, that, on a busy day, has fewer than
> several dozen emails.

Hmmm, no.

The box does over 7Million hits a month on the web archives and with pipermail
you cannot seperate the list server from the archives.

It push over 16gb of data a month via web.

It processes 25,000 pieces of mail a day.

A 486 would not be able to handle this.

Remember if you want tclug-list, tclug-announce, tclug-jobs, tclug-devel, you
get linux-kernel for free(!).
--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500