>>>>> "f" == florin  <florin at iucha.net> writes:

    f> Mousing around is cool, but if you do some serious work, you will need a
    f> text editor like vim/emacs. And then you'll discover that there is no
    f> space on the screen to expose all their functionality in menus. And then
    f> you will undestand why you need a command line.

I think the above is actually really off-base.  There are ZILLIONS of
people out there who use computers every day, all their working day,
who've never gone near a command-line.  And there are going to be more
and more of them every day.

Now, I'm not saying that *I* disagree with florin about what constitutes
"serious work," but most of the world does.  And it mostly involves
engineering excel spreadsheets, writing Word documents, and making
powerpoint presentations...

I know people who use computers all the time who don't even know how
to use the Windows Explorer or the Mac Finder ---- they just boot up
their application and that's it.

Cheers,