On Tuesday 29 January 2002 04:29 pm, you wrote:
> Yes, seriously, we need to find a server, this is getting ridiculous.
>
> What specs would the server need?

A 486, with maybe 16 meg of memory and a slow hard drive, ought to be more
than ample, assuming (a fair assumption), that it's going to run some sort of
standard mailing list software, like, say, mailman under Linux.  We're
talking about a mailing list, after all, that, on a busy day, has fewer than
several dozen emails.

Alternately, trying to persuade some local Linux user who already has a
server up and running mailing lists, and, ideally, a static IP, to add such a
low-volume one to his server.

Another option would be one of the for-free mailing list services, which are
supported by ads placed in the emails.  The ads are annoying, but they do
work.

--
There's a widow in sleepy Chester