I have just set up postfix to be my mail server and it works fine on the
local box, but trying to set up a pop3 server for the rest of the domain
to access this server has not been so easy.

I am running Mandrake 8.1 with ipop3sd installed and the service is
enabled on demand.  According to the Doc's from Mandrake all I should
have to do is edit the inetd.conf file and restart inetd.

Unfortunately inetd in not running or configured but appears to be
installed. As I am still learn Linux, I am not familiar with inetd.  Any
help would be great!

Tim