All these _other_ options don't cut it for me.
They give editorial power to others, or are quite
simply _not_ publishing anything. If you're not
interested in publishing then it is easy to see
why you don't value it, but that doesn't mean
it has no value.

As for "*free* web space", don't make me laugh.
Just because you don't realize your'e paying for
it doesn't mean it's free. :-)

That said, the typical cable agreement is tailor
made for consumers of information, not producers.
It probably is a reflection of their cable TV roots,
so they structure their offerings as if the Internet
is a more interactive form of TV. And for some it
is.

>>> poptix at techmonkeys.org 01/17/02 07:19PM >>>
As for the 'read only internet' comments, there's nothing that says you cannot
ftp into your webhosting provider, or AT&T *free* web space
(http://people.mn.mediaone.net), and put your own content up. Or content via
the various chat protocols, email, news, IRC, or by contributing to projects
on the net. They simply don't want you chewing up bandwidth doing it from your
low cost home internet connection =)