Quoting Joshua b. Jore (josh at greentechnologist.org):
> Actually I would rather hope AOL would alter the Red Hat build into
> something that isn't so exploit friendly. I would be gravely concerned if
> the stock Red Hat build was put out there for the general AOL user. Those
> users should be using something that is pre-locked down. The code ought to
> be audited and it should be configured so that it can exist for long
> periods of time on the internet without requiring constant patching. As
> long as the various Linux/GNU system exploits keep coming it makes the
> environment undesirable for non-hobbiest/corporate settings.

The default redhat 7.2 install is secure, imho. If you select highest security
it does a very good job.

My "verification" is that nessus finds no security problems on a default high
securit install of redhat 7.2

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500