* Joshua b. Jore <josh at greentechnologist.org> [020120 03:38]:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Rodd Ahrenstorff wrote:
> > On Saturday 19 January 2002 10:47 pm, you wrote:
> > > Actually I would rather hope AOL would alter the Red Hat build into
> > > something that isn't so exploit friendly.
> > What makes the Red Hat build so exploit friendly anyway (compared to other
> > distros)..the newbie asks?
> The problem isn't unique to Red Hat. To hear the honeynet folks, the
> average lifespan of an un-patched Ret Hat 6.2 machine is 72 hours. Other

[coming from a debian-ite]

Please, stop beating the dead horse and install RedHat 7.2 or something.

By default, it wants to install a firewall with no incoming connections
unless configured differently for a workstation install.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/

the desire for space travel is a metaphor for escape