On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 04:53:45PM -0600, Brian wrote:
> Is there any way to mount NTFS 4 (NT4) and NTFS 5 (2K) under linux?

Yes. Enable NTFS when you compile the kernel.

> And no, this has nothing to do with the major/minor problem.  I'm just
> curious because it'd be really handy on some of the systems I work with to
> whip out a linux boot disk and mount the partition at the command line
> level.

It works fine, but only readonly.

Anton Altaparmakov works on NTFS TNG that will be finished and integrated
in the 2.5.x series and that will allow you to write on NTFS partitions.

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4